Sea Wolf Forestry is looking for Brush Cutters and Herbicide/Pesticide Applicators. The role to be filled will include tasks such as removal of Invasive plants through means of herbicide and pesticide applications, as well as brush cutting private lands to help rehabilitate and keep our forests healthy for future growth and development. This work is weather dependent, Monday thru Friday.
The successful candidate will have the desire and compassion to help others and to protect property and the environment. This position could lead to all year employment thru Sea Wolfs associated Companies.
* Must hold a valid Pesticide Applicator Certificate either Industrial, Forestry or Assistant Applicator. Course Info and Free Exam for Certification
* Must be familiar with GPS software (Maps)
* Class 5 driver license
* PSO- Power Saw operator Certificate (Experience & confident using a Power Saw)
* Great communication skills
* Organization skills
* Physical capabilities
* Additional knowledge in Forestry sectors a Plus
Iverson Forest Management Inc. is looking for driven, motivated Intermediate and Senior Forest Engineers to join our Engineering Team.
As a Forest Engineer, you will be working on a variety of projects. You will be an integral member of our team, responsible for layout of cutblocks and roads for public and private land logging operations,
and completion of related office work. Other duties include crew supervision, client liaison and implementation of our safety program throughout your work activities.
IFMI was established in 1990 and has a proven track record in providing multi-phase harvest solutions on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. Today we offer a full range of Forest Engineering, Standing Stem Harvesting, Private Property Resources Management, and Fire Fighting services. Our company provides a wide array of services to Industry, Government, and First Nation Clients. We take pride in delivering quality services to our clients, in a safe and efficient manner, while fostering a team oriented environment. Iverson Forest Management’s headquarters is located in the beautiful Cowichan Valley.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in forestry; with registration (or eligibility for registration) with the ABCFP;
* Minimum of 3 years forest engineering experience;
* Solid working knowledge of forestry legislation and regulations in B.C. (e.g. FRPA, Forest Act etc.)
* Proficiency with computer software including RoadEng, Word and Excel;
* A valid BC driver’s license;
* Good communication skills and experience in crew supervision;
* Knowledge of GPS surveying techniques and GIS software is an asset.
We are looking for an individual with a commitment to maintain a high level of safety, efficiency and quality in all aspects of work, and who are willing to learn
Thank you for your interest in joining the Iverson Forest Management Team!
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates selected for further interview will be contacted - No Phone Calls Please.
Designed with Mobirise site maker